Saturday, January 18, 2014

Celebrate Your Moments

If you spend anytime using social media for marketing your small business you can easily become obsessed with numbers.  Whether it's how many followers you  have or how many people "like" your page, we tend to value our success on social media by these numbers.

I have learned that in the great big world of social media, numbers are relative. There are any number of companies willing to sell you followers and get you likes.  I choose not to use such means to build my online connections.

It would be easy to buy thousands of followers so my numbers look fantastic, but still not have one meaningful engagement with them.  Instead, I choose to work hard at building relationships on social media. Because of this I may not have the most followers, or likes, as the next person, but I do have great people that I connect with on a daily basis that bring value to my personal and professional life.

I take time to celebrate my great social media moments.  I don't compare myself to the next person.  I know how much effort I have put into gaining followers, and I know how that effort has paid off.

One of my latest "great moments" was when our company received 1000 followers on Pinterest.  Those followers came from learning about Pinterest and how to use it for business.  Time was spent researching what boards were being pinned from the most and how to utilize those boards for marketing purposes. When we hit 1000 followers I was so excited.  I was talking to my husband and happened to check my Pinterest app and jumped up out of my chair shouting "We hit 1000!"

Take time to celebrate your moments.  They will fuel future great moments and keep you motivated.

"Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments." -Rose Kennedy 

No comments:

Post a Comment