How deep is the rut your business is in? Have you been passing over the same track everyday with your small or home based business and you have now come to a stand still?
Do not feel it’s time to figuratively “close shop” or turn that business into a hobby. It’s time to step outside of your front door, look at the world around you, and start fresh.
Treat TODAY as the opening day of your business. Rekindle the love, excitement, and joy you had when you started your business.
- Commit. No matter how long you have been in business. Commit yourself again to being a success. Create a new mission statement for your business. What is your purpose? What is your goal? Why are you offering your service or product?
- Write Down the Positives. Make a list of the top 10 great things about your business. Have you successfully served many clients? Do you offer a quality product people recommend to others? Remind yourself about the good your business has accomplished.
- Be Honest. Write down the top 3 reasons you feel business is not what it used to be. Have you experienced personal challenges? Have you slipped in customer service? Have you just gotten lazy? Be honest with yourself and identify the real issues.
- Be Proactive. Once you have acknowledged the top 3 reasons your business has suffered, write down how you plan to change those negatives into positives. Do you need to redo your schedule to be more realistic? Does your work area need to be away from distractions so you can work more focused?
- Listen. Ask those around you who understand you and your business what they would do to promote the business if it was their own. Hold your own “board meeting”. Fresh ideas can come from a great brainstorming session with people you trust.
- Be a future thinker. Think about how your business will benefit you, your family, and community in the years to come. Will it provide your sole means of financial support? Will it allow your family to go on a great vacation every year? Can you help your loved ones in their time of need? Will you be the “next big thing” that has the Internet buzzing?
Now is the time to climb out of that rut. Don’t allow yourself to get stuck. Find the love you had at first for your business and you will find the way to success.